Wine: MS Money 2004 + IE6

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Thu Jun 8 17:15:50 UTC 2006

On Thursday 08 June 2006 14:39, Ylan Segal wrote:
> After I installed wine and read the docs, I ran the Money 2004
> setup.exe in the cdrom (through wine) and the installer starts.
> Soon after it stops with a message saying that Internet Explorer
> could not be installed and to install it manually from the folder
> in the cdrom. So I try to do that (wine ie6setup). No dice. It
> fails with a message saying that IE could not be installed. So, I
> figure that I would try the latest version of wine and use the
> instruction on their website to install for Ubuntu (simple steps)
> and upgrade to wine 0.9.14. Tried all the steps above, but still
> same results.

The latest wine does not install IE6 and hasn't done so for many
versions. I never investigated it further, as I got the same
completely unhelpful error messages from ie6setup.exe.

I do recall getting it working once, using a version around 0.9.6 or
so. There doesn't seem to be any info on winehq.org about this so all
I can suggest is download the sources for each version in turn and
compile them till you find one that works.

Crossover Office works with IE6 though - it might be worth your
while to pay the small fee to use Crossover.

--
If only me, you and dead people understand hex,
how many people understand hex?

Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za