Wine: MS Money 2004 + IE6

Ylan Segal ylan.segal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 15:09:48 UTC 2006

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Ylan Segal wrote:
>

>>So, I figure that before I can install Money 2004 I need to Install IE6.
>>I tried to do that by following instructions on the wine website where
>>several options available:
>>- winetools: Fails to create basic system
>>- manual install: ie6 setup downloads the files from Microsoft, but
>>cannot install them
>>- ie4linux: installs everything and runs ie, however the gui is not all
>>there, plus it installs in a non-standard directory and the MS Money
>>2004 setup doesn't find the explorer, so it doesn't work for me.
>

> Yeah, I just don't get the point of that.  Sure, I understand that there's
> some value to having multiple wine "bottles" but you _should_ be able to
> install one of those IEs into your default wine.

That might work, although the ie installed by ie4Linux was not fully
functional, it may be just enough for MS Money to install and run
properly (big if, but worth a try).

>>I tried everything I could think of, twice and got nowhere. Has anybody
>>been able to install Money 2004 in Dapper? I appreciate the help, it is
>>a critical app for me.
>>

> Try sidenet: http://sidenet.ddo.jp/winetips/config.html

Thanks, I will try that when I get home.

Also, in the wine website I found some alternate instructions that I
missed before, so I will try those when I get back home too. (They
involve manually installing, but first patching the muck windows registry).

--
Ylan

"The universe is not required to be in
perfect harmony with human ambition"