Orinoco v Hostap

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Jun 8 14:01:23 UTC 2006

I have a Dell Latitude C.400 with a Dell Truemobile 1150 wireless card
built in. The card uses the Orinoco drivers by default.

Unfortunately, I cannot get Network Manager to work sensibly with this
driver. This has bee reported as a bug.

A suggestion, I though I had seen was to use the Hostap drivers instead.
So can anyone confirm this? Will Hostap support this card and will
Network Manager work with it?

If so, can anyone point me to a simple howto that explains how to kick
out orinoco and install the Hostap stuff?

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold