update manager not working after upgrade

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Thu Jun 8 10:47:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 10:30 +0200, Luca Ceccarelli wrote:

> If I manually open update manager from the menu, I can see the
> updates.
>
> How can I get it working again automatically?

System -> Administration -> Software Properties -> Internet Updates Tab
then check the box for Check for updates automatically and select fro
example 'daily'.

> I upgraded from Breezy to Dapper on my PPC Mac Mini. Now update manager
> is not showing up at all. If I open Synaptic I can see plenty of
> available updates, but they never show in update manager.

That's really weird because I don't see *ANY* updates either in Synaptic
or with update-manager ever since Dapper was officially released.  Are
there any yet?

Cheers,
Chanchao