sound volume is much lower in ubuntu

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Thu Jun 8 04:07:41 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 10:36 +0700, Chanchao wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 17:04 -0400, Chuang Wu wrote:
> Ha, I had this too.  Took a while before I discovered all the sliders:
>
> * Right click the volume-speaker icon at the top
> * Select 'Open Volume Control'
> * Make sure 'PCM' is displayed. If not, go Edit->Preferences
>   and tick the box.
> * Slide PCM all the way up.

Depending on the particular audio hardware/driver, I've found that I
sometimes need to enable more than just the PCM control. On one machine,
the name of one of the limiting volume controls was actually "Front". In
that sort of case, I've found it helpful to simply enable all "tracks"
in the volume control preferences and tweak each one individually until
I get the result I'm looking for.

--
Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
suppressingfire.org