OT - Reliability Survey: Windows Servers Beat Linux Boxes

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Wed Jun 7 11:37:39 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 11:19, Chanchao wrote:
> " Windows 2003 Server, in fact, led the popular Red Hat Enterprise
> Linux with nearly 20 percent more annual uptime. "

You're forgetting how downtime is defined in the MSverse:

Downtime is not downtime as in when the computer is not up.
Downtime is when the computer is down and you didn't expect it to be
down.
That scheduled reboot you do on a Windows box every Sunday to "fix"
the memory leaks? That's not downtime, that's, um, scheduled
maintenance!
Patch Tuesday? Same thing.
And so it goes...

You can prove anything if you are willing to selectively redefine your
terms.

--
If only me, you and dead people understand hex,
how many people understand hex?

Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za