dapper freeze

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 03:59:09 UTC 2006

On 6/6/06, str tux <str.tux at gmail.com> wrote:
> it work with other machines but 98% of our desktop PCs are all in same model
> that doesn't works.
>
> We're planning to use Ubuntu to all our 200 desktops user or at least dual
> boot (to some).

A few releases back, I had a machine that would freeze on boot (before
the GUI appeared) and it turned out to be an old ISA modem.

You might try pulling out all the cards you can, and disconnect all
but the basic peripherals (just a keyboard, mouse, and monitor) and
see if anything changes.

If you post the exact model and configuration, someone may have
another suggestion based on their experience.

It can't hurt to do some Google searches on it, too.