libdvdcss for AMD64

Henk Koster H.A.J.Koster at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 6 16:06:30 UTC 2006

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 22:19:52 +0200, Simon Taplin wrote:

> Is there a .deb for libdvdcss available for Kubuntu Dapper AMD64?
> Failing that, is it possible to compile libdvdcss onto a AMD64 machine?
> I know this is possible for Suse 10.
>
> Simon

Yes, installing libdvdread3 provides a script for compiling
libdvdcss2. You will need to install some other packages first,
though, there will be some dialog to tell you which ones (like
fakeroot, build-essential, some qt stuff, etc.). It worked fine
on my AMD64 install, watching DVD in totem-xine player.

The RestrictedFormats stuff in the Ubuntu wiki has more details.