Wireless LED doesn't work (by default) in "Dapper" on HP NC6000 using ipw2200 driver

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Tue Jun 6 06:37:13 UTC 2006

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:25 pm, Matt Patterson wrote:
> I fiddled with this a few weeks ago. I have seen several people post about
> this problem. I think it is primarily that the led feature is not really
> functional. It has nothing to do with anything but whether or not you have
> turned on the led. If you turn off the card, the light stays on, etc.

My nc6230 the light turns off when I hit the wireless button - kills the
bluetooth at the same time too.  Maybe it's just a nc6000 thing?

> I wrote a very ghetto script that actually read the state from the card and
> attempted to set the led state by either removing the module (only way to
> turn off led) or setting the led.

Good grief!  That sounds decidedly hideous :(

FWIW, I'm running the IPW2200 (ver 1.0.10) driver from source on Breezy.

Cheers,

James
--
Nothing will dispel enthusiasm like a small admission fee.
		-- Kim Hubbard