Sylpheed , firefox and browser behaviour

Pawel Warowny warp at master.pl
Tue Jun 6 11:26:02 UTC 2006

Dnia Tue, 06 Jun 2006 11:45:21 +0100
"Lee Tambiah" <l_tambiah at linuxmail.org> napisaƂ(a):

> > I lunch firefox, then my mail reader - sylpheed and then when i
> > click on a link in sylpheed - another window of firefox lunch
> > without focus on it (just blink on taskbar) so i have to <alt><tab>
> > to get focus on firefox window.

> I can confirm that I am running Sylpheed Claws 2.1.1 on my dapper box,
> the reason this is happening is because in the
> Configuration>Preferences>MessageView>External Programs the web
> browser is set to:-"mozilla-firefox -remote'openURL(%s,new-window)'"
>
> Hence why it is opening a new window!!

I want to open new firefox window, but _with_ focus on this new
window.

I did some tests and:
I closed all firefox windows
opend gnome-terminal and lunched from it mozilla-firefox: i've got focus
on this new firefox window.
But where there is already opened firefox window and i did the same
thing - firefox lunches without focus below gnome-terminal window.

Regards

--
Pawel Warowny