Breezy to Dapper upgarde problems (mouse, broken packages,..)

Rick Berger rberger at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 4 22:59:27 UTC 2006

I just upgrade a working Breezy system to Dapper and got  the  following
message at the end of the process.

    cupsys
    hplip
    bluez-cups
    cupsys-driver-gutenprint
    ubuntu-desktop
    cupsys-driver-gimpprint

I then rebooted and was able to login, although I got a desktop after a
very long wait and switching to a tty console,  logging in, and  then
switching back to X again.

Everything seems to work except my ps/2 mouse which is dead. I also try
to turn on the keyboard mouse in accessability features  but they are
not available. I hope they don't depend on a mouse being connected.

Any suggestion on how to get those packages installed without errors and
the mouse working, would be appreciated.

Oh, thanks guys for fixing pppoe so that it connects on booting in
Dapper. Breezy always required you manually to starting it.

Rick