Mounting external network attached storage

Christopher Beynon christopher.beynon at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 16:04:44 UTC 2006

You have to disable linux extensions. You can't do that on the server side
(maxtor NAS), so have to do it on the client side.

You should use these commands, before you mounted the samba shares. You
could try the following:
1. Delete or uncomment the line which mounts the samba share in fstab
2. Reboot
3. /sbin/modprobe cifs
echo 0 > /proc/fs/cifs/LinuxExtensionsEnabled
mount samba share