[dapper] 'finger' reverse dependencies

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Sun Jun 4 16:01:55 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 03:45:50PM +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> > Can someone explain to me why the following packages all
> > depend on 'finger'?
[snip]
> what makes you think they do ?  apt-cache rdepends finger does only show
> gnome-nettool (which is pretty reasonable if you provide a finger GUI)
> from your list.

'apt-cache rdepends finger' gives me the following:

finger
Reverse Depends:
  fingerd
  finger-ldap
  efingerd
  education-common
  lbdb
  gnome-nettool
  acpi-support

So acpi-support depends directly on finger. Then other
things depend directly on acpi-support; all those indirect
dependencies would also be removed if I removed finger.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve at laniels.org
Cell: +(617) 308-5571