dapper custom keyboard shortcuts

Antonio tritemio at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 14:47:15 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 6/4/06, Thilo Six <T.Six at gmx.de> wrote:
[cut]
> Antonio wrote the following on 02.06.2006 19:28:
> > Hi to the list,
>
> <snip>
>
> > In debian etch (and in breezy too IIRC) with the gconf-editor I set the
> > keys:
> >
> >  /apps/metacity/keybinding_commands/command_X
> >
> > (where X is a number 1-12) to some custom commands, and the corresponding:
> >
> >  /apps/metacity/global_keybindings/run_command_X
> >
> > keys to some shortcuts.
> >
> > In dapper these gconf keys are not present, and even creating them
> > from scratch the custom shortcuts do not work.
>
> Is this a new profile in $HOME or did you use an old one?

It was a new profile. However, after your mail I've created a new user
and I had no problem there with the shortcuts. So I flushed the gnome
configuration of the first user (deleting .gconf* and .gnome*) and now
the shortcuts works ok even with the first user (the missing gconf
keys are there now).

The strange thing is that user was created from scratch by the
installer run through the livecd.

I hope this is only a my problem... otherwise, well, this thread can
serve as reference :).

Thanks to all that have give suggestions.

Cheers,

  ~  Antonio