CJK Chinese Japanese Korean Input Method configuration using SCIMin Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake - testing needed

daninchina ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Jun 4 05:58:12 UTC 2006

I'm currently running the Dapper release. I'm using an English session
(and I prefer to do so).

I followed the wiki's section on installing SCIM (here:
http://tinyurl.com/eoumo) on installing SCIM.

However, while all the packages are installed, nothing happens.

If I enter in SCIM or SCIM -d in a terminal, then it will start up; but
I have no choice about the input methods I can use (when left-clicking
on the "system tray" icon).

However, according to the SCIM settings dialog, it appears that I do
have all the Chinese, Japanese, and Korean fonts installed.

Any suggestions on how to get this working?

--
daninchina