The quarterly repository failure.

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 05:24:02 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-06 at 14:50 +1000, ben wrote:

> > > Any chance the whole repository scheme can be fixed so I don't get 404
> > > errors and signature errors every three months or so?
> > >
> > > It also always seems to happen at about the point I try to introduce
> > > Ubuntu to colleagues.  Is there somebody watching me to make sure that
> > > nobody takes Ubuntu seriously when I try to evangelise it?  ;)

> > Oops.  Forgot to include this round's error messages:
> > http://cn.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/breezy/main/binary-i386/Packages.
> >gz: 404 Not Found
> > To my untrained eye it looks like breezy is simply missing.

> Michael looks like for some unknown reason they have changed the dir that
> holds the pool from ubuntu to ubuntu-cn so just add "-cn" to the end of each
> of the lines with ubuntu in it ie.

> deb http://cn.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy main restricted

> deb http://cn.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-cn breezy main restricted

I had noticed that and made exactly that change.  But it seems that
there's no universe or multiverse under that.  Or sources.  So I still
wound up with a bunch of unusable repository entries.

In the end I just decided to hit archive.ubuntu.com directly and take
the speed hit as the overloaded server chugged away.

--
Michael T. Richter
Email: ttmrichter at gmail.com, mtr1966 at hotpop.com
MSN: ttmrichter at hotmail.com, mtr1966 at hotmail.com; YIM:
michael_richter_1966; AIM: YanJiahua1966; ICQ: 241960658; Jabber:
mtr1966 at jabber.cn

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot [...]. I
think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor
people." --Mother Theresa