Synaptec connection problem

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jun 4 03:17:01 UTC 2006

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 23:55:01 +0100
BDogg <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> I'm having a similar problem and am new to this.
>
> This is the error I get after sudo apt-get update:
>

> Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com dapper Release.gpg
>
> Connection failed [IP: 85.133.25.7 80]
>
> Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com dapper-updates Release.gpg
>
> Connection failed [IP: 85.133.25.7 80]

Possibly us.archive.ubuntu.com was having one of its periodic "little
tantrums", or was just overwhelmed with the Dapper/ 6.06 LTS feeding
frenzy.

In that case you could try a different mirror - see

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Archive/OfficialMirrors

The us. archive seems to have these fits pretty regularly, judging by the
complaints on IRC - I hope those involved are aware of the problems and
trying to fix them ...

By the way, what's with using "tiny URLs" in your sources... seems bizarre
to me...

Peter

--

"Hyperlinks subvert hierarchy."