Quick poll on the Forums Importance to Ubuntu.

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sat Jun 3 18:05:25 UTC 2006

Andrew Zajac wrote:

> On 6/3/06, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
>>
>> There you go.  That's _exactly_ what's wrong with the forums.
>
> There is a forum section devoted to discussion what's wrong with the
> forums.
>
> Actually, there is an active discussion on that forums thread, so it's not
> like you are not able to contribute - I think he just wants to avoid
> fragmentation of the topic.

The problem is that those of us who most dislike web forums (that would be
me, just in case you haven't guessed :-) ) aren't going to go to any web
forum to tell them that.

> It must be a test to see how many people from other parts of the community
> will chime in or something to that effect, since it can't possibly be a
> fair assessment of the importance of the forums within the ubuntu
> community - you'd need a third party to conduct such a survey, obviously.

You have a generous nature :-)  I usually assume that most people conducting
a survey really don't have much of a clue about how to limit bias (the big
exception being political polls, where you know they know all about that,
but use it to the opposite purpose).
--
derek