CRITICAL **: egg_desktop_entries (ERRORS)

Robert Wallace robert at siliconchaos.com
Sat Jun 3 00:37:26 UTC 2006

I was able to fix this problem by running doing the following commands:

cd /usr/share/applications
sudo update-desktop-database -v

the last command should generate errors and the desktop entry with the
problem will be the one after the error, edit the desktop file and you will
have some duplicate entries like "[Desktop Entry]" and/or Encoding.

After fixing the files you should be able to run the update-desktop-database
command again and all should be fine.

Hope this helps.