OT - pdf to docbook

Joe Malin jmalin at jmalin.com
Fri Jun 2 22:49:13 UTC 2006

Hi!

I think you have two separate issues here:

1. Converting from PDF format to some sort of XML/tagged format
2. Converting from the XML/tagged format to DocBook.

That is, you haven't said if the PDF is structured in a
DocBook-compatible form. To be DocBook-compatible, the PDF would have to
have a one-to-one correspondence between the style elements in PDF and
DocBook tags, and it would also have to follow the DocBook hierarchy rules.

I think that this is unlikely unless the PDF was generated from a
DocBook file originally.

If you can comment more on the specific task you're working on, maybe I
or someone else can assist further.

Joe