updated to 6.06 ppc version ( something not right )

Richard cms01 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jun 2 02:16:51 UTC 2006

Following the instruction to upgraded,
change all the breezy to dapper,
and did the following >sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

All seem to go well, HOWEVER, I notice a very long white screen,
on reboot, then the login prompt (odd),
then when checking updates, I get a error:
cannot install all available updates, according to the update manager...
there are 4 files, showing in the window, the following updates will be
skipped: extract, gnome-cups-manager, ntfsprogs, python-netcdf.

So, what it looks like that download and updated and installed,
did quite work.

What commands can I do to re-correct any errors in the upgrade to
dapper..on ppc.

I did try selecting mark all upgrades in the package manager "Synaptic"
nothing got selected, then I try sudo apt-get-dist-upgrades,
that did nothing as well.

-------
Thanks -
Rich