Errors in aptitude dist-upgrade from Breezy

Janne Jokitalo janne.jokitalo at dnainternet.net
Thu Jun 1 17:32:02 UTC 2006

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Janne Jokitalo wrote:
>
>> I've got a slight problem dist-upgrading from Breezy to Dapper.
<snip>
>> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/m/mesa/libgl1-mesa_6.4.1-0ubuntu8_i386.deb
>> is somehow faulty.
>>
>> Can anyone else confirm this?
>
> It would probably not be enormously helpful to you to know that it installs
> for me... :-(

Well, you're on to something, there. :)

> libGL.so.1.2 shows as being installed from that package, too.

Huh... weird.

> You might try installing libgl1 and removing libgl1-mesa (looks like they
> fulfill the same dependencies) - then if you really want the mesa library
> install it afterwards.

That would be perfect, but alas....

jaska at jjod600n:~$ apt-cache search libgl1
libgl1-mesa - A free implementation of the OpenGL API -- GLX runtime
libgl1-mesa-dev - A free implementation of the OpenGL API -- GLX development
support files
libgl1-mesa-dri - A free implementation of the OpenGL API -- DRI modules
libgl1-mesa-swrast - A free implementation of the OpenGL API -- runtime
libgl1-mesa-swrast-dev - A free implementation of the OpenGL API --
development support files
openoffice.org - OpenOffice.org Office suite version 2.0
xdriinfo - X DRI information utility
libgl1-mesa-glide3 - A free implementation of the OpenGL API -- glide runtime
libgl1-mesa-glide3-dev - A free implementation of the OpenGL API -- glide
development support files
libgl1-mesa-swrast-dbg - A free implementation of the OpenGL API --
debugging package

I don't quite understand which is the correct package, then, since all of
the available ones have mesa in their name.

Should I try your mirror? Which is it? I've tried the plain
archive.ubuntu.com, and the Swedish mirror se.archive.ubuntu.com

Thanks for the help, anyway, Derek!

--
Jaska