usb devices does not mount automatically

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jun 1 13:13:13 UTC 2006

Jose Luiz Pereira dos Santos wrote:

> Excuse-se once more, but it seems you did not understand my question.
> Then for the sake of clarity I will say it again. The usb devices just
> stopped mounting automatically. I only want to know how to restore that
> functionality again - that's all.

Who? What?  Please "reply" to messages so we keep the threading (and quote
judiciously).

If you're responding to me, I'm reasonably certain I _did_ understand your
question and told you how to fix it (afaik, usb devices never did
automatically _mount_ - they should appear on your desktop, but you need to
mount them from there yourself, either explicitly or by clicking on them).
--
derek