Where is Dapper?

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Thu Jun 1 03:01:29 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 21:30 +0100, meng wrote:

> They figured you'd be too busy molesting sheep. (Actually I'm from
> Australia and I think we have more sheep per capita than you.)

Can we all start shouting to make it appear?

DAP-PER!
DAP-PER!
DAP-PER!
DAP-PER!

:)

Actually I'm kind of wondering what will happen when everyone goes to
download the thing at the same time and the server's crash. (Or better,
the whole Internet slows down to a crawl).

I say "better" of course because Ubuntu's server's not coping with the
demand would be 'news' and any news is good news if it gets people's
attention to Ubuntu and it's implied popularity / demand.

The thing is though... Most people on this list (no I didn't do a
survey) are already running an updated Dapper Flight release.. So
there's no real reason (or any reason) to be downloading that ISO right
away today.   And for the people who are conservative / mission critical
enough to still run Breezy, they are probably conservative / mission
critical enough to give it some mroe time before migrating, so they
don't need to be downloading the ISO right today just the same.

Ubuntu / Canonical has't actually tried to discourage people from
downloading it right away...  Are they WANTING things to crash for it to
become a news item? ;)

Cheers,
Chanchao