how is suspend-to-disk supposed to work?

Joerg Beyer j.beyer at web.de
Sun Jun 4 21:12:57 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am not so successful in getting suspend-to-disk on my desktop machine
to work. I have an AMD X2 64 3800+ processor and a asus a8n-sli premium
board on Dapper Drake.

I installed the hibernate package, which may or may not be a good idea.

When I try "powersave -U" I get the box to suspend (I had to remove
some modules). When it wakes up again the screen is scambled.

I am not sure, what is the supposed way to get suspend-to-disk. Any
pointers to documentation are welcom.

Is there any out-of-the-box technic or do I have to use something like
suspend2?

	Thanks in advance
	Joerg