Location of certain executables and shutdown scripts

Gabriel M Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Fri Jul 28 15:21:15 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 11:35 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:

> Both questions depend on your installed power management. If you use
> acpi-support, then it should be somewhere under /etc/acpi.  If you use
> powersaved, then I think it's all just done by invoking "powersave" with
> the right options.  Using acpi-support I modified something like
> powerbtn.sh to do a shutdown or hibernate instead of "sleep", but given
> that you get a menu, I'm guessing yours is already doing something else.
> Now I use kpowersave, and /etc/powersave/events has been modified to make
> EVENT_BUTTON_POWER to do "suspend_to_disk" - if suspend to ram is
> supported, you could have it do that.
> --
> derek

I am using gnome with dapper. I guess I am using ACPI as i haven't disabled it and I'm running a new Sony laptop.I don't really fancy

switching to kpowersave as gnome thingy is working really well, only
when i press my powerbutton i get the shutdown menu. What should I edit
or change to alter this behaviour?