CD/DVD burning package on GNOME desktop

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 31 15:24:04 UTC 2006

Hi Sean,

> There's no repositories at gnomefiles, but gnomebaker is in the
> universe repository for dapper.

Tks.  I got it done as follows;

Enabled universe+multiverse according to:
Unofficial Ubuntu Starter Guide
http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Dapper
under "How to add extra repositories"

$ sudo apt-cache showpkg gnomebaker
Package: gnomebaker
It was there.

$ sudo apt-get install gnomebaker
Selecting previously deselected package gnomebaker.
Unpacking gnomebaker (from .../gnomebaker_0.5.1-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb) ...
Setting up cdda2wav (2.01+01a01-4ubuntu6) ...
Setting up libgstreamer0.8-0 (0.8.12-1ubuntu1) ...

Setting up gnomebaker (0.5.1-0ubuntu1) ...
* * * end * * *

$ sudo which gnomebaker
/usr/bin/gnomebaker

$ dpkg -l gnomebaker

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
ii  gnomebaker     0.5.1-0ubuntu1 application for CD/DVD creation in
the GNOME

Tks again.

B.R.
SL