CD/DVD burning package on GNOME desktop

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 13:17:14 UTC 2006

You probably want to check out GnomeBaker, and maybe also Bonfire,
Coaster, and Graveman, though I think GnomeBaker is more complete.

See this page on GnomeFiles:
http://www.gnomefiles.org/subcategory.php?sub_cat_id=103

Ubuntu/GNOME achieves CD/DVD burning by:

* If it's a data CD or DVD, use the nautilus CD/DVD creator that pops
up when you insert a blank.
* If you're burning an ISO image, right click on the .iso file and
choose "Write disc" to have nautilus burn the image to disc.
* If you're making an audio CD, the audio CD creator Serpentine is
installed by default.

And I think GnomeBaker is what's normally recommended if you want a
more traditional 'all-in-one' burning app.

I'm not sure though if there is any GNOME burning application that is
as featureful as K3B (though you can easily install K3B on
Ubuntu/GNOME, people consider it undesirable to bring in all the K3B
stuff). Anyone?

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SeanHammond