Problem opening a web page in firefox that has a hyphen "-" character.

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jul 31 04:19:17 UTC 2006

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 20:51:48 -0400
ubuntu at rio.vg wrote:

I quoted:
>>They must
> >start with a letter, end with a letter or digit, and have as interior
> >characters only letters, digits, and hyphen.

> "So I wonder if a leading hyphen is allowed?"
>
> "They must start with a letter..."

Yes, thank you.

I put it as a question because I am not an expert on the
subject and thought someone might know better than I ...

I *did* actually notice that bit, and my comprehension skills are pretty
good. In fact my background includes an Honours degree in English, not that
it really matters ;-)

But thanks for highlighting the relevant portion, which was of course the
point of my post - it's always possible that another reader might have
missed the nuance, as you so evidently did.

Peter