dapper install

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 22:36:37 UTC 2006

On 7/30/06, Me - Atlantic <jdangler at atlantic.net> wrote:

> I have my mail accounts and alot of files that i use daily on this
> particular box, so trial and error isn't really an option here.
>
> mail, firefox bookmarks, firefox extensions and plugins, and working
> data files are all very necessary, along with desktop settings, etc.
>
> is there a way that i can preserve these and restore them after the
> dapper install?

Since all your settings are stored in your home directory, simply
backing that up and reinstalling the OS should preserve your settings.
 When you log in under your account again, your settings will be
preserved.  As for plugins that you installed systemwide (perhaps
something like flashplugin-nonfree), you'll need to install those
again using apt-get / Synaptic / aptitude after the OS is up and
running.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."