lm-sensors

Marek Pawinski pawinski at ananzi.co.za
Sun Jul 30 07:55:03 UTC 2006

Lea Gris wrote:
> Marek Pawinski a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> I have installed the lm-sensors package but when i run sensors-detect i
>> get this message:
>>
>> sudo sensors-detect
>> Password:
>> No i2c device files found. Use prog/mkdev/mkdev.sh to create them.
>>
>> Problem is i don't seem to have a prog/mkdev/mkdev.sh file nor directory.
>
> modprobe i2c-dev

Ok we are getting close now, sensors-detect runs now but at the end of
the sensors-detect run i get:

"# Warning: the required module smbus-arp is not currently installed on
your system.
# For status of 2.6 kernel ports see
http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/supported.html
# If driver is built-in to the kernel, or unavailable, comment out the
following line.
smbus-arp
it87"

I have comment out "smbus-arp" but still my sensors will fail to start
when i try to start lm-sensors, i get "fail"

I know lm-sensors work on this machine with other oses.