Removing "Restricted" Component

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 23:45:50 UTC 2006

On 7/29/06, Lorin Pino <ljpino at grm.net> wrote:
> Soo Qing wrote:
>
> >At Ubuntu page, it was written that "Restricted"
> >component of Ubuntu is clearly separated to ensure
> >that it is easy to remove.
> >
> In synaptic: settings>filters.  You can create a search filter that
> brings up the resticted modules only.  I didn't see a way to bring them
> up that was already configured.  HTH
> ~Lorin

To be fair, I believe all the packages in that repository are named
"restricted" meaning you can do "dpkg -l | grep restricted" and remove
whatever you find.

$ sudo apt-get --purge remove <list of packages you found with the
previous command>

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."