Help with copy files from multiple directories one inside other of the same type to one directory

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 15:47:22 UTC 2006

You really don't need to use xargs, find can do it all by itself.

$ find . -type f -name \*.deb -print -exec mv {} /path/to/new/location \;

Find, starting at my current location, everything that's a normal file
named *.deb and move it to the new location.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."