boot screen chopped off

Mike mpiluso at comcast.net
Sat Jul 29 12:39:36 UTC 2006

I'm new to Ubuntu linux, but I have used Linux for years but I'm afraid I'm
not too familiar with setting up the console correctly. I'm having a problem
with the boot screen being chopped off on the sides (vertically it seems
OK). I tried setting some "vga" modes through Grub, but that hasn't helped.
I'm using a dell 2001fp flat panel monitor and on the settings for it it
says it's using a resolution of something around "750x400". The computer is
a dell GX300. I'm using the current Ubuntu 6.06 release.

Thanks very much.

Mike