dapper for i386 unable to access website

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 23:56:48 UTC 2006

On 7/28/06, mike williams <a-bracmike at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>  when i run FF,it tries and tries to open a webpage,but cannt find
> it,however,it is able to open my Gateway web config page when i do it via
> IP.
>
> Gateway= 2wire homeportal gateway(up to date firmware)
> system= i386
> network card=realtek lan driver version 5.612.0413.2004(has most recent
> driver installed)
> this computer is windows XP MCE 04 and im running Dapper in Microsoft
> Virtual PC(it worked on the old computer through it,but that computer's HD
> totally fried so i cant transfer settings)
>
> if anyone can tell me how i can fix this problem,id realy appreciate
> it,and if u could actually write it to my email adress itself(
> a-bracmike at sbcglobal.net) that'd be even better because i use a filter to
> put the emails from this list into its own folder and if it goes in there,i
> might not find it.

Hi Mike!

What are the results of the following commands (given in a terminal window
(Applications > Assesories > Terminal)):

ifconfig

route

(and if you have wireless in the mix)

iwconfig

If you are in the terminal window you can "drag" the mouse over the results
(hold left click and move the mouse - should mark it as you go) and do an
"Edit > Copy" from the windows drop down menu.  You can then paste this into
an e-mail or text file.

There are also many useful windows in "System > Administration >
Networking".

Good Hunting!

Tod

FWIF from "System > Help > System Documentation" you put the word
"networking" in the search window and find several articles that may well be
useful.  My first guess is that your default gateway is not set (do a "man
route" from the terminal window or search the term in the documentation).