can't find /usr/include/ncurses

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Thu Jul 27 23:38:01 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 15:00 -0700, maxim wexler wrote:
> Well, cause it doesn't seem to help.

I can't tell, because from what you copy-pasted, you didn't try:

-----------
W: Couldn't stat source package list
http://security.ubuntu.com breezy-security/universe
Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/security.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_breezy-security_universe_binary-i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these
problems
E: Couldn't find package libncurses5-dev

Ha! "Run apt-get update to correct these problems".
That's a good one.

No problem, I'll just download the deb file and dpkg
it.

I don't see you run apt-get update anywhere

> And I'm not
> alone.

? In this thread at least, no one had the same problem as far as I could
see. I know apt-get output such as this, it's usually just unavailable
servers or a missing 'apt-get update'