NTP: How to adjust the clock in ubuntu at the boot time?

Ali Milis almilis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 07:55:18 UTC 2006

User Iam wrote:

>>> ntpdate is executed when a network interface come up. See
> >> /etc/network/if-up.d/ntpdate
> > May I know the proper way to update /etc/default/ntpdate?
> > May I just "vi" it?
> > Will "apt*" overwrite /etc/default/* when updating?

>  ntpdate is an executalbe.
>  -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 33528 2005-03-14 04:39 /usr/sbin/ntpdate
>  It is used to sysnchronize time when the time is WAY off..
>  Just run it..

Well, when a network interface come up, it will execute
/etc/network/if-up.d/ntpdate which uses /etc/default/ntpdate
configuration.

Question:
May I know the proper way to update /etc/default/ntpdate?
(just vi it?)

--
Raja Ali M.I. Ilias, Bengkalis, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AliMilis
Counted GNU/Linux Engineer # 405138 - http://counter.li.org/