Praising Opera 9

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at numericable.fr
Wed Jul 26 22:32:51 UTC 2006

Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> wrote:
> But *MUCH* *MUCH* more annoying is
> the very disturbing trend to accept HTML posts. Overall, they are
> far worse than a small attachment every now and then.

Hmm yes, if the HTML stuff were stripped, every message would be at least one or two KB lighter at the very least. Multiply that by 200 or 300 (traffic is quite high on here !), and it quickly adds up !
Better pure text e-mails and a small useful attachement every now and then...
I am on a Yahoo mailing list, which has very very few options, but one of them allows me to receive pure text messages.
I just looked on the Ubuntu list preferences, and despite many many many options, I don't see the magical one...
I wonder if the software used to run the mailing list is open source.. maybe it's possible to file a wishlist bug report about this missing feature ! The joy of open source... :-)

--
Vince