Praising Opera 9

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Wed Jul 26 14:13:01 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 17:39 -0300, Thiers Botelho wrote:
> > As to the topic at hand, does anyone know if there's a way to
> convince
> > Opera not to massively waste screen real estate with the row of
> large
> > buttons on the left, but still show bookmarks sidebar?
>
> I'm 2 weeks late to this thread but just can't mis the opportunity to
> show what can be done in Opera about real estate.
>
> A picture is worth a thousand words so I'm attaching a screen dump of
> Opera with 2 tabs open (in Gmail), no buttons at all (don't need'em),
> and, _MOST_ important, the Metaltosh skin. Up to the moment I haven't
> found any other skin able to save as much real estate.

Dude, I really like it that you find joy and happiness in Opera. It's a
nice browser and I'm glad for you.

But if you ever post a 2.3M screenshot to a mailing list again, I will
personally hunt you down with a very sharp axe and do unspeakable things
to you.

Rather post the image on your web site and provide a link. Some folk
round here are on dial up.

alan