Praising Opera 9

Thiers Botelho thiersb at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 20:39:33 UTC 2006

On 7/8/06, ubuntu at rio.vg <ubuntu at rio.vg> wrote:

> Alexander Skwar wrote:

[snip a lot]

> As to the topic at hand, does anyone know if there's a way to convince
> Opera not to massively waste screen real estate with the row of large
> buttons on the left, but still show bookmarks sidebar?

I'm 2 weeks late to this thread but just can't mis the opportunity to
show what can be done in Opera about real estate.

A picture is worth a thousand words so I'm attaching a screen dump of
Opera with 2 tabs open (in Gmail), no buttons at all (don't need'em),
and, _MOST_ important, the Metaltosh skin. Up to the moment I haven't
found any other skin able to save as much real estate.

The main bookmark window comes on and off with Ctrl+Alt+B (not shown),
while on Personal Bar (shown) I keep a list of drop-down bookmarks
which are the most used. I hate the panels window and never use it
(while of course I could be convinced to give it one more chance).

And, as a final comment, uh, er, hehe, the screenshot comes from a Win
XP system at 1024x768. I'm still at the "prospective Ubuntu user"
status.

Cheers

Thiers