lost data after trying to install Ubuntu

Jun Yu jun.j.yu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 17:33:00 UTC 2006

Hi, there,

Please help!
I have problems need argent help. I lost my DATA.
I installed a 2nd HD before I try to install Ubuntu. I made 4 partitions
(1NTSF, 3 Fat 32)on it and transfered (from the old HD with winXP on
it)my data of work to one partition(NTSF) and personal data to
another(FAT 32). After that, I deleted one partition from the old HD by
partition magic (it had 3, 1 is made by DELL, 2nd one is NTFS with
winXP, 3rd one is the one I used to store my DATA, So I deleted the 3rd
one). Then, I run the Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (BTW, is this the same one as
Diaper people talking about?) live CD and try to install on the old HD.
However, it was not successful. I assigned 2 partitions for Ubuntu (one
ext3, one for wrap). It give me erra when trying to format ext3
partition I guess.
Anyway, my real problem now is after doing that, I lost my personal data
on Fat 32 partition, HD2. Do you know is there any way I can get them
back? It's very very important to me. And, where did i do wrong?
Thanks a lot!