Location of certain executables and shutdown scripts

Gabriel M Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Tue Jul 25 13:17:25 UTC 2006

When I press the power button on my laptop I would like it to shutdown
the system, but instead it brings up a menu asking if I want to
logout/switch user/suspend/hibernate etc. Then I select turn off and the
computer shuts down. What must I do to avoid the computer asking me
which action I wish to take?

Next of all, what is the location of the suspend to ram script? And the
location of the hibernate script? Thank you in advance.