what is term library?

Karl Hegbloom hegbloom at pdx.edu
Tue Jul 25 02:22:02 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 12:08 +0800, Chong Zan Kai wrote:
> Can someone tell me what is term library, please? I try to run
> the ./configure and it ended up with term library not found.
> Thank you.

In this context, "term" is an abbreviation for "terminal", meaning the
Linux text console or a terminal emulator such as gnome-terminal or
xterm.  The package you need to install to get that software to build is
the 'libncurses5-dev', IIRC.

You can read about "ncurses" on Wikipedia:

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ncurses

--
Karl Hegbloom <hegbloom at pdx.edu>