Apache2.2

Darryl Clarke smartssa at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 17:58:14 UTC 2006

On 7/22/06, svein <sveinak at gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed apache2 using apt-get, but got 2.0.55 version and not the latest 2.2
> Anyone know when apache2.2 wil come on a apt.get install/update?
> Im not good at binary, so I dont wana download the source and do it from scratch

2.2 won't be in Dapper, ever. (unless someone packages it and puts up
an unofficial repository for it).

2.0.55 is the version of choice since 2.2 is still very young.

So, a better question to ask yourself is, what does 2.2 have that you
absolutely need? It would be a big waste of time to compile 2.2 if you
don't need it.

2.0.55 works wonderful from my perspective.

~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com
~ http://darrylclarke.com