Ubuntu i386 completely installed on my P3 but don't know usernameso cannot login ? HELP !

MishMich ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Jul 22 15:56:54 UTC 2006

Addition to this.

Once you try to log in as the user you create, there is no home
directory.  If you remove that user, and recreate via the desktop, the
home directory is still not generated.  I had to copy the oem directory
across and chmod/chown it to the user I created before I could get a
successful login other than as 'oem'.

I prefer not to reinstall, as on an old laptop with only 96MB RAM & a
slow CD/DVD, it takes forever to run the install - a couple of hours!

Mish

--
MishMich