[urgent] How to undelete a file

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 21:04:49 UTC 2006

Has nothing to do with windows style 'undelete' utilities...

assuming you used 'rm' (and didn't just put it in the trash)
I *think* the file is still 'there' by inode number while totem has  it open.
The trick would be figuring out the inode number.
lsof | grep totem  tell you anything?
If you could come up with the inode number of the file while it's still around
you could just cp it to a new file name.

FWIW
Brian