Ubuntu Counter Project

Alexandre Franke alexandre.franke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 17:26:16 UTC 2006

On 7/20/06, Craig Hagerman <craighagerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you heard about the Ubuntu counter project?
> If not take a look here:
> http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net/index.php

I don't understand. The project describes itself as "a miniature
version of The Linux Counter". But what does it do that the Linux
Counter doesn't yet? If you get registered by the Linux Counter, you
can select what Linux flavor you are using and get your machines
registered too. So if the Ubuntu counter does nothing more and even
less, I don't see the point in having it.

I think that's a waste of energy, unless there's something I missed,
because instead of competing with the Linux counter you should make an
advertising campaign for it.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNU/Linux user #390077