Vanilla kernels and usb key automount

Florian Diesch diesch at spamfence.net
Wed Jul 19 19:22:24 UTC 2006

"Paolo Ciarrocchi" <paolo.ciarrocchi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/16/06, Florian Diesch <diesch at spamfence.net> wrote:

>> > Good point,
>> > it says nothin witha vanilla kernel while using an Ubuntu kernel:
>>

>> So most likly it's a problem with udev. Use
>>  sudo udevcontrol log_priority=debug
>> to tell udev to show debugging msgs. What does
>> /var/log/syslog say when you insert your usb key?
>
> Now it reports (with a vanilla kernel):
> with udev set to debug:
[...]
Looks good. Can you mount the key using
 pmount /dev/sda1
If it complains about /dev/sda1 nor beering a removable drive you may
override this by putting /dev/sda1 in /etc/pmount.allow.
If /sys/block/sda/removable doesn't conatin "1" report this as a bug.

If you camn mount it using pmount but it still doesn't get mounted
automatically plaese post all paramgraphs of lshal containing something
about /dev/sda1.

   Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>