Ubuntu i386 completely installed on my P3 but don't know username so cannot login ? HELP !

Mike Shelley mikeashelley at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 14:01:40 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have " successfully " installed Ubuntu i-386 on my
"old" P3-800MHZ but when I get to the login prompt..I
can't recall the text prompts requesting for a
username ( probably in my excitement to get going,I
did not read all the promts!)so there was no way I
could get it going..tried reinstalling the whole thing
again but to get stuck @ the same login page ! Sounds
ridiculous..but What do I do ? Is there adefault
username I should use. I remember my password..but
what should I use for the username ?

Mike