Every wednesday should be a HUG DAY!

Adriano Varoli Piazza moranar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 08:43:25 UTC 2006

2006/7/19, Ouattara Aziz <wattazoum at gmail.com>:
> I don't think it would change anything. Putting the release schedule
> longer doesn't mean the distro will be debugged longer. even in a six
> month release schedule, having 3 month of setting things up and 3 of
> debugging would have a nice effect concerning bug.

I don't think anything will reduce the bugcount significantly prior to
release if one of the objectives the users want is the latest
software. I've seen Mandriva switch from a 6 months to a 1 year
release schedule, and they still have problems because they include
the latest and greatest and it's buggy-on-release. And if they didn't,
everyone would suddenly scream "oh, that's sooo last century. Pfft!
Gnome 2.(N-1)? OOLD!"

It'd also help if some projects tried to stick to schedules. Gaim, I'm
looking at you.

It's a tough job.

--
Adriano Varoli Piazza